Welcome

Welcome to the Blog containing all the media coursework for submission at the end of my course - Host Blog:

Wednesday, 9 December 2009

FIlm Planning - Day for NIght Filters/editing

When researching possibilities for lighting the set, I discovered that there were ways of filming during daytime and creating a 'night time' effect. This was either done using a special blue filter on the camera itself, or by editing the footage in software such as Final Cut Pro.

Upon researching the filters I discovered that they were extremely effective, but also incredibly expensive and very out of budget for this film. Therefore I decided to use Final Cut Pro to add colours to the footage and make it look like it was shot at twilight or after dark. There were tutorial videos on the Internet to show newcomers to Final Cut how to get the effects for a night time look.







Videos like the one above were helpful for editing the light balance in videos to create the night time effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment